Wrinkly lump under urethra?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Felismisc
Pronouns: they/them

Wrinkly lump under urethra?

Unread post by Felismisc »

I've had this wrinkly spongy lump under and slightly surrounding ((attached to?)) my urethra that leads into my vagina for as long as I can remember. It doesn't hurt, pressing down on it just squishes it. It's not hard. I can see it pretty clearly if I move my labia.

On all the diagrams I've seen just have a hole for the urethra and the distance between it and the vagina is smooth? What is it? I really doubt it's a cyst.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Wrinkly lump under urethra?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Felismisc,

It's hard to say for certain what this is, since we're not healthcare providers who can examine it. Given that you've had this as long as you can remember, it may just be how your genitals are shaped (for instance, maybe it's a feature of your inner labia).

If you want a definitive answer, the person to ask would be a sexual healthcare provider, like an OB-GYN. If that's something you'd like to do, or you need help connecting with that kind of care for a more general exam, we can help you find some starting places.
Felismisc
Pronouns: they/them

Unread post by Felismisc »

Sam W wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:44 am Hi Felismisc,

It's hard to say for certain what this is, since we're not healthcare providers who can examine it. Given that you've had this as long as you can remember, it may just be how your genitals are shaped (for instance, maybe it's a feature of your inner labia).

If you want a definitive answer, the person to ask would be a sexual healthcare provider, like an OB-GYN. If that's something you'd like to do, or you need help connecting with that kind of care for a more general exam, we can help you find some starting places.
I'm not all that worried about it, I just got frustrated that I couldn't find any information on what it could be that wasn't about cysts, and zero images that looked anything like it. I turned to boards instead. Thank you for replying.
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by KierC »

Hi there Felismisc,

Medical diagrams can be helpful for identifying general anatomical structures, but they tend to generalize some of the variations in appearance that you can see from person to person. For example, some people may have a larger inner labia and thus may not look as “smooth” or symmetrical between the urethra and the vagina like it is in diagrams. Does that make sense?

To illustrate this (literally), Betty Dodson’s Vulva Illustrations may be helpful to take a look at. These are monochrome illustrations of actual vulvas, and you can see they are all different! https://www.scarleteen.com/ask/external ... ustrations
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic