Indirect contact with pre-cum

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jrjamwswright74
Awesomeness Quotient: Very outgoing
Pronouns: He/him

Indirect contact with pre-cum

Unread post by Jrjamwswright74 »

Hello, I have read every article on here and cannot find a conclusive answer. I am freaking out and I need help to a question.

I gave oral sex to a man the other day. He was stroking his penis and may have had precum on his fingers but I am not sure. After he got hard he put a condom on and I gave him oral sex. He came in the condom and there was no leakage or breaking of condom. He did not wash his hand before putting the condom on and I worry that if he had precum on his hand then transferred it to the condom that I would get an oral std in throat. This is my first experience and I’m scared. Do I have anything to worry about? What are the chances?

Thank you so much for the quick response!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Indirect contact with pre-cum

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Jrjamwswright74,

Since a condom was used for all of oral sex, I would go ahead and assume that you had the protection it offered from STIs; transfer of pre-ejaculate to the outside of a condom just doesn't seem to be a way STI transmission occurs. That being said, if STIs are a concern for you, in the future it would be sound to talk with a partner prior to being sexual so you each know the others status.
Jrjamwswright74

Thank you for the quick reply! He is a married man and is in healthcare and swears he’s completely clean and gets regular tests. But this has given me high anxiety so I figured I would ask you all. From what you wrote one would think I’m ok and likely no chance of catching a throat std or sti.
Jrjamwswright74

Am I correct?
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by KierC »

Hi there Jrjamwswright74,

As a gentle reminder, we ask that users not make multiple posts to encourage a quicker response.

In this case, as Sam said, you can assume that the condom did its job to protect you from STIs. Too, if anxiety around things like STI transmission continues to pose a concern, and given your age, you might find that resources aimed at adults may be the most helpful for you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic