What to do with pubic hair

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
GenderGay
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/them

What to do with pubic hair

Unread post by GenderGay »

I’ve got a packing harness and it gives me a lot of euphoria to wear it but it’s been uncomfortable to wear because of my pubic hair… the elastic over the hair is just uncomfortable for me but I don’t know what to do! I’ve shaved my parts before and that has lead to discomfort from 1, me having sensitive skin and shaving just causing issues in general on every part of my body but my head, and 2, I get like, more discharge and it’s just uncomfortable… like too open I sort of feel like maybe the hair helps keep the area clean in some way? That’s what it’s felt like. But I really want this harness to be comfy for me and I’m worried that when I get my silicone packer that against the hair will be a problem too, I tried trimming the hair tonight and it feels awful it feels like I have a rash! (I don’t tho, I just used my trimmer and I had a guard on it and I literally felt fine the entire day before trimming), I’m not sure what to do with my pubic hair!

I also don’t have razors anymore anyway so I can’t totally shave even if that was my best bet, but besides the discomfort when it grows back in it’s awful- scratchy and like I have a rash but it’s irritation from the hair. Ugh!

How do people manage their public hair? Any ideas for what I could try?
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: What to do with pubic hair

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Hey GenderGay!

You're definitely not alone in feeling like this, shaving can be super annoying and uncomfortable! There are a lot of options for managing public hair, we just have to find what works for you!

Have you looked into hair removal cream (like Nair)? This seems like it could be your best bet, as it is razor-less and should get rid of the hair. However, this doesn't work for everybody so please be careful to test it out a bit on a less sensitive part of your body first, like your leg or arm! Waxing may also be an option for you and can cause less discomfort in the long run. In the future if you'd be interested and able to try shaving/trimming again, you could also look into shaving creams and after-shave products to help reduce the itchiness and rash.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: What to do with pubic hair

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Gender Gay,

I do want to say that hair removal creams aren't recommended for use on the genital area, as they carry a risk of chemical burns.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic