dulled sensation

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
axolotlperson
Awesomeness Quotient: my roller skate skills
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they/he
Sexual identity: omnisexual

dulled sensation

Unread post by axolotlperson »

lately my g-spot hasn’t been feeling nearly as good as it did like 3 weeks ago, and i don’t know why?? i’ve used my fingers and a toy (both things i’ve used before) and it just doesn’t feel as good as it used to. i’ve tried a couple other angles, and more foreplay, but it still just doesn’t feel the same. any idea why this is happening?
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: dulled sensation

Unread post by KierC »

Hi there Axolotlperson,

I’m sorry to hear that your g-spot is feeling different than it used to — I know it can be really frustrating when things don’t feel the way they did before, especially when it felt so good!

So, there’s a few reasons why this can happen, but I first want to reassure you that it is not abnormal to go through periods of time where sexual feelings are a bit different or even dulled… I like to think about it like how clouds pass in the sky: sometimes it gets a bit darker for a second but you can bet the sun will come back.

Lowered sensations during sex can sometimes reflect changes going on in other areas of our bodies/lives. To clarify: has anything changed in other areas of your body, like getting sick, taking new medication, feeling more stress, etc.?

I hear you mentioned foreplay — have you been able to feel relaxed, aroused, and able to “set the stage” so-to-speak, before you start masturbating? This can be things like getting undressed slower, taking care of other areas of your body first, making your room cozy beforehand, etc.

As well, sometimes our bodies need a bit of a different kind of touch — for example, different rhythm, pressure, or different areas entirely, including the clitoris. Have you tried exploring other areas of your vulva and clitoris? Combining these sensations can sometimes help people feel a bit more sensation.

Looking through some of these reasons, does anything pop out or resonate for you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic