Sex toys

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
tovika

Sex toys

Unread post by tovika »

I am looking for one time use sex toys to try with my partner just to spice things up. DOes anyone where I might find such things?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Sex toys

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Tovika,

That depends on the type of toy. Many toys (like vibrators) are made for multiple uses. However, you can check out places like target or rite aid (drugstores, essentially). They usually have a few little toys mixed in with the condoms and lube. You can also give this piece a read about how to experiment with some DIY toys:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexua ... ve_edition
Bonthrop
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer/poly

Unread post by Bonthrop »

As far as one-time-use toys, those throwaway vibrating cockrings that come in some boxes of condoms can be fun. Still, better to invest in toys that'll be hardy and safe in the long term once you know what you guys like. :)
FairyEve
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Unread post by FairyEve »

Hey tovika ,

You can purchase vibrating cock-rings that allow you to change the batteries. You can find them in novelty stores or you can buy them online like Amazon. You can find some good deals online, I recently purchased a sex toy on Amazon for under $20. Some stores even ship orders to you, if where you are isn't offering that particular toy for you but another store does, as an example.

Some lubes have different sensations as well, like: hot, cold, chilly, smooth, cold and hot, flavours, body lubes, etc., and I know it's not sex toys but they do add another world to having sex.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Just one reminder that often cheap sex toys are just that, which means that:
• You wind up paying more for toys over time because heap toys tend to break, and more importantly,
• Cheap toys are often made with materials that aren't actually good for bodies, particularly phthalates.

So, often when you don't have a modest amount of money to spend, you're better off going a DIY route than you are buying really cheap pre-manufactured goods.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic