i feel like i'm going insane

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
naurmi008
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

i feel like i'm going insane

Unread post by naurmi008 »

i feel like i'm going insane. every single thing my body does my brain keeps saying "it's because you're pregnant". i've had my period on time, i took 2 pregnancy tests which came out negative. yet i can't shake the fear away and it's driving me nuts
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: i feel like i'm going insane

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there. Sorry you're in that spot!

We have a piece written expressly for people in the headspace you're in. Have you seen this yet?

You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
naurmi008
not a newbie

Hi
yes i did read that article! but i still can't shake the feeling :(
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

When you read the article, did any of the suggestions about why you might be feeling like this -- like being sexual when you don't really feel ready or want to, or feeling like if you did get pregnant, you'd be unsafe at home or in your community, for example -- feel particularly applicable to you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
naurmi008
not a newbie

Maybe the being sexual when I don't 100% subconsciously want to? Like I always get "carried away" and regret it so much afterwards and maybe my mind's response to stop me from doing it again is just drowning myself in fear. I'm also afraid of disappointing my parents and not having access to abortion if i ever get pregnant at this age
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Sofi »

I'm so sorry you've been in situations you didn't 100% want to go through and regret afterwards, sex should be a certain YES and not carry guilt or regret after. Has this been the case with one specific person, or with every sexual encounter?
As for your parents being disappointed, is this something they've talked about before (even if not about you specifically)? Have you ever had a conversation about sex with them?
naurmi008
not a newbie

It's always been this case with every person, and yes my parents talked about it before. They want me to be abstinent until I'm 18 and I've been trying but it just keeps happening once in a while
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi naurmi008,

Do you think you could elaborate a little bit more when you say that it just happens? How do you feel about communicating with your partner while you are having sex? Or have you talked to any of them about how you feel after?

If you’re unsure about how you feel or what are or are not comfortable with, we have some checklists and guides that can help to prompt you to better understand what you are/are not interested in. This practice can help to better understand yourself and communicate with partners if you decide that you do want to engage in partnered sex (but, that should always be a conscious choice rather than something that simply occurs). Does that sound like something you might be interested in?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic