Birth control storage

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jojo7

Birth control storage

Unread post by Jojo7 »

Hi,

I am on my second pack of BC and I always take it around the same time and never miss a pill.

I have been storing my pills in my medicine cabinet next to my toothpaste. I just realized that you aren't supposed to store pills in the bathroom because of steam/heat from the shower. I do use that room for showers (10m or so) but the rest of the day, the temp is around 72F. I just did a test run, and the pill package didn't feel warm at all, and there was no condensation.

I will no longer be storing them in the bathroom, but do you think the previous two weeks were safe? I also practice withdrawal if it helps. Thanks.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Birth control storage

Unread post by Redskies »

The temperature wouldn't be a problem, bathrooms don't get that hot :) - it's just the dampness. It really shouldn't be a problem, because pills are individually sealed in blister packs, so no dampness should get in. So, I don't think you need to be concerned about those two weeks. Not storing blister-packed medication in a steamy bathroom is just an extra fail-safe.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Jojo7

Re: Birth control storage

Unread post by Jojo7 »

Thank you! I actually called a pharmacist while I was waiting and they said the same thing-- as long as there didn't appear to be any moisture inside the blister pack I should be fine. I definitely will be keeping them in another room now just to be extra safe!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic