Sudden tender breasts mid-cycle?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
MoradM
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Open-minded
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Straight Male

Sudden tender breasts mid-cycle?

Unread post by MoradM »

Hello.

Is it normal for a woman to feel tender breasts suddenly in the middle of her cycle, knowing that she is very regular and this rarely happens in the middle of her cycle? She only feels this before her period but it is too early.
Also, there's no way on earth she could be pregnant as all we did was dry humping while fully clothed (2 jeans, 2 underwear, pantiliner). Even while dry humping, there was no genital to genital contact through clothes as our genitals were very far from each other (the other side to be honest!), and I did not even ejaculate. So pregnancy is ruled out.

The pain was alot one day, and much lighter the next day.

She spent alot of time indoors without a bra and suddenly she worked for a whole week having to wear uncomfortable bras and without good amount of water.

Also, it was exactly in the middle of her cycle, so I guess she was ovulating. Because she was, well, turned on unusually during those two days.

* This is not a pregnancy scare question. I know she is NOT pregnant, it is impossible. But I am more interested on why this would occur out of the blue? Could it just be her ovulation, but knowing that she never felt ovulation symptoms before?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Sudden tender breasts mid-cycle?

Unread post by Mo »

It can be hard for us to know exactly what the cause might be. It could be that she's experiencing some breast growth; often there will be some soreness or tenderness when growth is happening. But honestly, even if someone rarely experiences breast tenderness mid-cycle, that doesn't mean it's impossible or unusual - you said yourself that it happens rarely, not never. Bodies are often unpredictable, and we can't always know the exact cause of physical feelings and symptoms like this. But that doesn't mean they're at all a cause for concern.
If this is something she is concerned about (and again, I don't think it's something to worry about) then she can check in with a doctor, but I think it will be helpful for your peace of mind to try not to worry too much about slight, normal changes in her body.
MoradM
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Open-minded
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Straight Male

Re: Sudden tender breasts mid-cycle?

Unread post by MoradM »

Well, by rarely I meant once every year or two years. That rare.
And yes, I getcha, the female body is very unpredictable and pregnancy is all in all almost very impossible in our case, since we never had sexual intercourse, we never even had our pants down when we're together!
I talked to her, and asked her if she is concerned, she was not sure at the start but after a few minutes her reply was something like "Nah, forget it, it is probably because of lack of water and having to wear a bra suddenly for a long time".
I agree, we can never be sure what's going on unless she does some checks with a doctor.

Who knows, she might be scared she might be pregnant and did not tell me, thus her stress is increasing and her body is giving her false symptoms. Anything is possible.

I will see what we can do.

Thank you for your reply.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic