Itchy vagina after masturbation

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
AParker98
Awesomeness Quotient: really knowledgeable about Victorian queer history
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/them
Sexual identity: Queer asexual

Itchy vagina after masturbation

Post by AParker98 »

Hi!

I found this place after trying to find answers to my dilemma - basically, after I masturbate I get really intense itching about my vaginal opening, nowhere else, just there. It doesn’t happen in any other context, and I have no symptoms which would point towards it being thrush/a yeast infection.

I was hoping someone could shed some light because I’m actually going insane, Google just keeps pointing me towards thrush and uti web pages with ‘itching’ and ‘burning’ highlighted (it’s like a burning itch, if that makes sense?) rather than something relevant to what I’m asking
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Itchy vagina after masturbation

Post by CaitlinEve »

Hi AParker98!

It may be any number of things, I'll try to highlight a few for you to consider!

If you use toys when you masturbate, you may not be cleaning them thoroughly enough which may be leading to your discomfort. Or alternatively, you may be cleaning them with something that is irritating your vagina. Try washing them with mild, fragrance-free soap and warm water.

If you penetrate yourself while masturbating, you may also be irritating your vaginal opening and canal and/or creating microtears, which could explain the burning itch you're feeling. Additionally, if you are using toys or lube/condoms that have silicone or latex, it may be an allergy you're unaware of!

I hope these help, if none of these sound feasible let us know!
AParker98
Awesomeness Quotient: really knowledgeable about Victorian queer history
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/them
Sexual identity: Queer asexual

Post by AParker98 »

Hi!

Thank you for your reply! What’s baffling is, I don’t use toys, and I don’t enjoy penetration so there’s nothing happening in that area to cause itchiness or irritating? It’s solely clit action here and somehow I end up with intense itching around my vagina. Beginning to feel like it’s throwing a tantrum for not getting involved, honestly
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Post by CaitlinEve »

Huh, that is a bit baffling!

It is possible that the itching is actually a result of blood rushing to your genitals post-masturbation or orgasm. That can cause tingling or sensitivity and may just be presenting itself differently in your case!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic