school's hard

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
naurmi008
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

school's hard

Unread post by naurmi008 »

hi, i know this is a site for sex ed but i don't really know who to talk to about this
i'm going in highschool and i have to choose which subjects to study for the next 3 years
and i don't know, i'm stuck on which ones to choose
one wrong move and my grades are down the grade and my chances of getting into my dream uni are lowered too
this is stressing me out a lot, the fact that the choice i make as a teen can directly impact the trajectory of my life for the next idk 10 ish years are scary and daunting to me
i need some advice on this, anything would help
Andy
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: queer

Re: school's hard

Unread post by Andy »

Hi there,

that sounds like a big choice to make and I can definitely see why it can seem so daunting! Something that has really helped me when facing such choices was realizing that they are often less final than they might seem (in this case for reasons like that some schools allow students to change the subjects later, your university preference might change etc.) and most importantly, the part of this we have some control over (as in choosing the subject) is not the only one determining the outcome (as in the grades you will get), other parts that we don’t have control over that will play often even bigger role can in this case be the specific teacher teaching the subject, if you will enjoy the lessons, the schedule you will have and many other things.

Do you know someone who knows the school you will be going to or who was in a similar situation and who you would feel comfortable talking about this with like a friend, parent or a school counselor?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic