Anyone seen an erection point straight up touching the belly

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
bob.duncan
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him

Anyone seen an erection point straight up touching the belly

Unread post by bob.duncan »

I'm a 23 year old male. When I get an erection it points completely vertically touching my stomach. I can't move it down much and it makes a lot of positions difficult, and even causes my girlfriend discomfort.

Main question:
Does anyone have experience with a penis like this? Could you recommend any positions that could work well?

Other questions:
Is this angle a cause of concern?

Is there a name for this condition?

Is this unattractive?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Anyone seen an erection point straight up touching the belly

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi bob.duncan,

It's more common for a penis to have some degree of curve (called congenital curvature ) rather than not, so the fact that it's shaped this way isn't in and of itself cause for concern, though it does sound like yours is on the "more curved" end of the scale. That being said, do you experience any pain or discomfort when you get an erection? And is this how your erections have always been, or have they recently started being this shape?

As for positions, that's really something you and she will have to continue experimenting with to see if there are ones that are comfortable for both of you. If there just doesn't seem to be one, then it may make more sense to focus on sexual things that don't require inserting the penis into the vagina. As for whether it's attractive or not, there's no single answer to that, because what a given person finds attractive, or unattractive, varies so widely.
bob.duncan
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him

Unread post by bob.duncan »

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the reply.

It's not about the curve, it just points straight up. Like if a guy were to lay down it would also be against the stomach, but for me it's also like that when I stand up. It has always been like that and causes me no pain.

We do focus on non-penetrative things a lot of the time, but we were hoping this type of erection wasn't all that rare and could get some suggestions on what we should do, and also if this is some sort of condition or a cause for concern.
Last edited by bob.duncan on Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

If this is how your erections have always been, and it's not causing you pain, then in all likelihood this is a quirk of your body rather than something to be concerned about. If you wanted to be certain it was or wasn't part of another condition, that would be a question for a healthcare provider.

Too, at a certain point there isn't one, specific thing I can suggest for you and your girlfriend to try, as a lot of this really is about experimentation. If you haven't tried them already, things like wedges or other pillows/items designed to help people be comfortable in different positions during sex might be something to look into to see if they help you find positions that feel good and comfortable to you both.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic