jerking off

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Skater25
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: im a skater
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he

jerking off

Unread post by Skater25 »

Is it alright if I jerk off to pictures of girls I like from school
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: jerking off

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi skater,

People use all sorts of things to mentally stimulate themselves when masturbating, so there's nothing off about this. As long as using the girls pictures does not cause you to treat them as objects, then there's nothing to be concerned about or ashamed of.
sexpositivity94
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My Open-mindedness. Try Me. :D
Primary language: English (American)
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Sexual identity: Predominantly Hetero/Cis Girl

Unread post by sexpositivity94 »

Hi!

20yr old cis (non-trans) girl here.

Yeah, its totally fine. I agree with Sam. What you do alone and in your own head should stay that way. Totally fine as long as it doesn't mix with your personal life. Treat them like you always do.

Just want to note: Its NOT fine if the pictures you use were taken/obtained without consent. This includes nude photos that were shared or not given explicitly to you, or photos that they were not aware were being taken.

Otherwise, go for it.

Happy Holidays!

-G
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

The only thing I'd add to all of what's already been said -- and I agree, getting turned on by looking at someone, or photos of them, isn't an issue you have to worry about -- is to give a think to how you might feel pursuing any of these folks you like after that.

Some people will still feel totally fine and comfy, others can feel like they then feel more socially awkward, and then have a hard time interacting with folks socially when they've made images of them part of their masturbation. But that, too, isn't a right/wrong issue, it's just about you, your preferences, and what you find does and doesn't work out for you.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic