Period and pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Spiderman23
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Period and pill

Unread post by Spiderman23 »

Hi,

This might be a very silly question but I’m on the pill so I take it for 3 weeks and then have a week without taking it. On the week of not taking it I get my period. My question is if I was to fall pregnant on the pill and on the week of not taking the pill and I don’t get my period, could this mean I’d be pregnant?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Period and pill

Unread post by Heather »

A skipped period for people on the pill can happen because of pregnancy just like for people not using the pill, yes.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Spiderman23
not a newbie

Ok thank you for that! So basically if I still get my period at the same time every month, then it’s unlikeky I’d be pregnant?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Yep.

Do you feel comfortable using the pill alone? If not, please do know that what works best of all to prevent pregnancy is combining TWO methods, and since the pill doesn't provide any STI protection, adding a condom is always a smart move anyway. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Spiderman23
not a newbie

Oh yeah I would use a condom as well I just wanted some reassurance really as I’m scared to get pregnant
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic