question about images

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
jurassicwars
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: im a big star wars freak
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he
Sexual identity: straight but maybe a little curious

question about images

Unread post by jurassicwars »

is the website [name redacted by moderator] legal not sure if its ok to ask this question here or not wanted to know to see if its ok to look at it
Last edited by Redskies on Mon May 29, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: question about images

Unread post by Redskies »

I removed the website name because it's our policy not to have links to 18+ sites, as many of our users are under 18. Having that website name here would also not be respectful to our younger users, when your profile says you're 28.

We're not really the right people to ask about the status or legality of any website other than our own, because that's outside the service that we're able to provide. As general guidance, though, a site is likely to be legal if:
- all the people in its images and films were over the age of 18 when the image was taken, AND
- all the people in its images and films agreed to the image/film being taken, and agreed to the image/film being published.

A legitimate website will usually make clear on its website where it gets its images from. Where there's some element of fantasy and where the reality would have legal problems, a legitimate website will usually make clear somewhere that it's fantasy: for example, that all actors were actually over the age of 18.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic