Single & Proud

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
DulceDiva
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my intelligence
Primary language: spanish english
Pronouns: she

Single & Proud

Unread post by DulceDiva »

I'm so good at dating I've never had an ex boyfriend. I'm always on time. lol What are some of your jokes about being single. Why do you enjy being single ? What do you do when yu feel a bit down about it.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Single & Proud

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Dulce,

I'm wondering if we can maybe re-frame this thread a little bit. I think it's valid to want a place to talk about being single in a positive way, especially since it does often get viewed as a somehow "lesser" state of being than being in a romantic relationship. But, for obvious reasons, we don't want the conversation to tip too much into the "being single is so much better than being partnered" direction.

So (and I think this is the direction you're going with this) what ARE some positive things about being single that maybe don't always get acknowledged? For instance, sometimes being single can give you a chance to focus on yourself and building the qualities that make you you.
DulceDiva
not a newbie

So true.
MusicNerd
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my creativity
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by MusicNerd »

This is a great idea for a topic, DulceDiva! Hmm... Well, as someone who's never been in a romantic/sexual relationship, I've had quite a bit of time to think about the pros of being single. *cough* 20 years *cough* lol :D
  • I can go where I want, whenever I want, and I don't have to worry about coordinating my schedule with someone else's
  • I can do what I want, when I want; so if I wanna just lay in bed and scroll on tumblr all day long, I can without worrying about if another person is bored
  • I can be alone with my thoughts
  • if I feel like I need to get my shit together, I can do that at my own leisure without having to factor another person into the mix
  • I can continue to make out with different people (teehee :mrgreen: ) without worrying about what my partner thinks (if we agreed to monogamy or exclusivity of some sort, but I'm totally aware that those are not the only ways a relationship(s) can look; I'm just aware that that's the only "acceptable", assumed model that society tells us to go by *sigh*)
Yeah, that's pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm looking forward to seeing what other peeps have in mind! :)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
DulceDiva
not a newbie

Thx for you input & all very valid reasons.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic