Sex and bled

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
xmetalgirl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy Fartsy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Female

Sex and bled

Unread post by xmetalgirl »

Hello guys!
I was having rough sex yesterday (day 21) of my period.
And I started to bleed for a bit looking like my period started earlier (happened sometimes where sex made it come out a little earlier)
But now it stopped. Is this normal? Has it slowed down and will it continue to come out soon?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Sex and bled

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Xmetalgirl,

We can't know for sure, but it's possible that this is just a fluctuation in your period this month, rather than anything connected to the sex you had yesterday.
xmetalgirl
not a newbie

What does that mean?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Sometimes periods can start or end a little earlier than we're expecting, or you'll have days within your period where it seems to slow, then picks up again.
xmetalgirl
not a newbie

Hm, I never had this happen to me before so it's odd for me.
I took a pregnancy test in the morning and it was negative. It is two days before the due date and I used morning urine. I've been using the withdrawal method btw.
I had sex again to see if it would push out anything again and it did. More brown discharge. But then disappears
Although I noticed that recently my periods are around 3-4 days, with like the 5th and 6th day the blood slows down a lot and is trying to come out into drops.
So is this my old blood that slowed down from my last period trying to come out before my new period? What do you guys think it is?
Should I go to the doctor? I've also been having pain during intercourse sometimes but that's because my partner is very rough.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

There is really no way for us to know what does "this" mean. As Sam already said, periods can change and if something didn't happen before it doesn't mean it cannot happen ever.

Checking with a healthcare provider is always a good idea when someone is sexually active, anyway. If this is bothering you enough, then you can always use that choice. :)

If you are having pain during intercourse because of rough sex (and you are not actually enjoying) you can always tell your partner to slow down a little until you both can find a pace both enjoy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic