Visit to the gyno!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Tots216
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a very loving person with a good soul
Primary language: English.
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Visit to the gyno!

Unread post by Tots216 »

Hi Scarleteen Teen!

Just had a quick question. I had recently had a pelvic exam performed by my regular gynecologist. She checked my lower abdomen, and did a pelvic exam. She said everything seemed normal. My question is, would she be able to tell if I was pregnant from that exam alone? If it's been almost 5 months since my scare. Would she be able to feel something if I was pregnant for that amount of time? The gynecologist as well as the nurses only asked me if I have having vaginal inter course and I said no and I told them I've been getting me periods since my freak out.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Visit to the gyno!

Unread post by Heather »

Did you not ask her about this concern? If not, why not? You've clearly had it, quite constantly, and you are still having it.

I'd suggest that since you remain concerned, you call their office and simply ask them if they tested for pregnancy or found any evidence of pregnancy. And next time around, it's on you as a patient to ask about your concerns. When you don't, you really limit the value, for you, of getting healthcare in the first place!

I personally think taking the step to be honest about your fears in places that are best to address them, and with your sexual healthcare provider is really THE place for any concerns about sexual or reproductive health, pregnancy included, is going to serve you a lot better than continuing to bring them here. Not bringing concerns like these to the appropriate and best places for them can sometimes be a sort of hiding out in them that's only going to keep you stuck in them.

Plus, we've -- including me, personally -- also set limits with you here about any more talk about your fear of pregnancy, with the exception of getting you connected with in-person care, like this kind of healthcare or mental healthcare. Please respect them.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Tots216
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a very loving person with a good soul
Primary language: English.
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Tots216 »

Sorry didn't mean to upset you. I have no one to turn to. My anxiety is through the roof and I don't know how to deal with this anymore. I'm sorry I won't bother any of you or your staffers anymore.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You didn't upset me. Holding our limits and asking people we have set them with to respect them is just about asking for a basic respect between us, and doing what we need to to keep our organization working as well as it can for everyone.

Were you able to follow up with that start I gave you for mental healthcare? By all means, if you've no one else besides us here to turn to for help or support, that's one good route to change that. Only one avenue of support or a place to talk isn't good for anyone. Too, mental healthcare is the place to go when a mental health issue continues to get worse.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic