Weird breast problems??

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Bean
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes, not the vision part tho lol.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Straight, heterosexual

Weird breast problems??

Unread post by Bean »

Warning I explain in deep detail my nipples lol.

So I’m completely unsure of what is going on with my nipples at the moment. I’m going to see a doctor in the morning, but I just need some other opinions and thoughts because I’m slightly panicking.

So my problem is I have this weird bump that formed on my left breast, it’s connected to my aerola and nipple. It’s not super big either, but it’s much larger than all of the other little bumps I usually have. I know that those are some gland, I can’t rememebr the name of them, but this bump is actually attached to my nipple. I’ve also started haveing this discharge from both breast (I’m not pregnant). The nipples themselves have also appeared to be like, cracked, and the discharge (it isn’t much, and I don’t try and squeeze anything out, and I won’t try to, it’s just kind of there) dries up in those cracks, which is super gross. The cracks aren’t normal.. the discharge isn’t normal. My nipples have also started to scale? Is a good word for it I guess. It’s kind of like dead skin, but it feels and comes off more like a scab then peel like your skin from a sunburn would. The dead skin is much thicker I guess is a way to put it. My nipples are also more red and irritated. I got off what I could in the shower (I was so shocked when I saw this today) but I didn’t want to make anything more irritated than it already is. They are also slightly sore, and sometimes itch a little bit. I don’t feel any lumps in my beasts at all, but it’s hard for me to tell really, I’m an A/B cup depending on the brand of bra, and super skinny so when I try to feel for bumps I feel my rib cage instead.. which feels lumpy so.

I’m only 19, so I don’t think it’s that one cancer (pagets disease) because I don’t feel lumps in my breast, and I’m also very young. This cancer usually occurs to people in their 50s/60s however there are some cases where people who were in their 20s got it (I’m not even 20 yet so). On top of that I have it in both breasts. Most cancers, most, happen in one place and then spread to surrounding areas, not in tow places at the same time so I’m not sure what this is. This to be honest from trying to do my own research seems the most plausible (not pregnant, and it can’t be a cist because I’m having discharge and irritation in both breasts) but it’s just so rare and unlikely that me being so young, no lumps, and having it in both breasts would be possible. Breast cancer does run in my family, but I still don’t think I could end up having something this rare.

Any thoughts on what this could possibly be? Again I am going to a doctor tomorrow because of the history of breast cancer in my family, but any other possible ideas? I really don’t want to think cancer but I’m not sure what else this could be.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Weird breast problems??

Unread post by al »

Hi there Bean,

I'm sorry to hear that this is making you feel panicky, although I can understand why that might happen after waking up and finding an intimate part of your body behaving differently than you expect.

We can't really diagnose things over the internet, so I'm glad that you're headed to the doctor. It seems like you pay really good attention to what's typical for your body, and you're doing the best possible thing for yourself by seeking out help when you feel like something's not right.

That being said, it's also normal for breasts to sometimes feel tender, sore, lumpy, itchy, or sensitive, and produce discharge - Abreast: The Basics of Boobies talks about all that in more detail. In the meantime, I hope the doctor's appointment goes well tomorrow! Please feel free to check back in afterwards and tell us how it went!
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic