Itchy vulva, painful clitoris

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
light_frost
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I rock black lipstick
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

Itchy vulva, painful clitoris

Unread post by light_frost »

This is embarrassing to talk about, but I think I may have masturbated too much/ rubbed too hard/ accidentally scratched myself. My labia (both of them) have been unbearably itchy for the past day, and unfortunately I may have made things worse by scratching the itch. My clitoris is now sore and very painful to touch. I'm not sure if I have yeast infection, as there is no thick white discharge. I have not been sexually active for the last month, and also tested negative for STIs after the last time I had sex, so it's probably not an STI. I don't know what's wrong! I know I should see a doctor, but I'm squeamish and awkward when talking about my private parts: I'm not sure how to tell anyone about it (especially about me masturbating) without dying of embarrassment. Also, do you have any suggestions for soothing the itch in the meantime? Thanks so much!
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Itchy vulva, painful clitoris

Unread post by Eddie C »

No need to feel embarrased here. :)

Yeast infections don't always come with white discharge, but they almost always come with the itchiness you are describing. A healthcare provider in person is the only one who can diagnose this but, if you choose to go and get help do keep in mind that yeast infections are very comon and they happen for a lots of reasons different than just being sexually active. :)

The genital skin is very sensitive so I would avoid putting anything without the advice of a professional first.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic