The Body Positivity Thread!

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Ruth
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer/lesbian

The Body Positivity Thread!

Unread post by Ruth »

Pretty straightforward: What is one thing about your body that you are emphatically positive about and have good feelings towards?

For me, it's my hair - it's a great form of self expression (queer identifiers, anyone?), I can switch it up whenever I like (it's currently green), and even if I make a terrible decision with it, it always forgives me and grows back, ready to start again.

So what about you? What part of you is absolutely brilliant? It could be your marathon-running legs, or craft-making hands, or a winning smile? Let me know!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: The Body Positivity Thread!

Unread post by Mo »

Most of the exercise types I really enjoy (hiking, bike riding, marching band when I was in high school) emphasize leg strength, and as a result I have fantastically large and muscular legs. I've had some knee-high socks fit poorly around my large calf muscles, and if I ever look for tall boots I might have the same issue there, but I really don't mind at all. I think they look nice and I appreciate having that much strength in my lower body.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I'm really like my legs/butt. They've always been strong (dance training followed by having to bike everywhere in college), but lately I've been skating/doing squats and it's made me like them even more. I like the way they look, and I like feeling as though I have a strong foundation.
acb
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/ her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by acb »

I really like my arms at the moment. They're sort of a project for me. I started rock climbing last year and I've been training really hard to improve my upper body strength. I really like how strong I feel now (it reminds me of the WW2 'We Can Do It!' poster, haha). My next door neighbour asked me to do some photos for his photography portfolio and photoshopped the pictures - he photoshopped a bunch of things, smoothed over my freckles, nipped in my waist, straightened my nose, but the one thing I was furious about was that he made my arms smaller. I was like 'I've WORKED for those!'
bikinksterboy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my willingness to try essentially anything
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: bisexual

Unread post by bikinksterboy »

hair,stomach. no particular reason why.
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashleah »

I'm also really into my butt, but digging my whole body at the moment. I recently started strength training and muscles are coming through! Exercising has made me feel really good about my body because I feel active in taking care of it and making it strong.
Danny S.
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a dog parent :)
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Danny S. »

I really started to like my legs this summer! I have four different stick and pokes on my thighs- my first one (a little ghostie), the word "HAUNT," a planet surrounded by little stars over my knee, and one that says "this body is mine" on my inner thigh, the only one I did all by myself. When my legs got tan this summer the tattoos smoothed out and looked really good on my skin, and it's become kind of grounding to look at them when I'm dysphoric or feeling like I have no power over my body.
knowtucuerpo
Awesomeness Quotient: my words are best expressed with a sewing needle.
Primary language: english.
Pronouns: she/her or they/them.
Sexual identity: queer.

Unread post by knowtucuerpo »

the first thing i notice about a person is their hands. but it took me a while to love and appreciate my own. now i look down at them and think of all the seeds they've nurtured into plants, all the hands they've held in comfort, all the words they've put to paper, and all the life they express in conversation. they are strong and soft, kind and honest. they remind me that i can feel and i can touch and i can interact with myself and with others in ways that feel grounded. so big gratitude to my beautiful hands.
DaphneSparkles
Awesomeness Quotient: sense of humor
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by DaphneSparkles »

I love my boobs, I just think they look great and feel great and I wouldn't change a thing about them!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic