Bleeding

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kiiiimibela
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Bleeding

Unread post by kiiiimibela »

So me and my boyfriend tried to have sex for the first time (genital to genital) on like May 9th, that was my first tome before i lose my virginity, well he went halfway in but we didn’t continue because it hurt and my vagina started bleeding (kinda understandable, we also didnt have lube, also the amount of blood isnt that much it stopped like a few mins or an hour later). And today, we decided to do it again and genital to genital again right but i still bled (still not much blood) and it hurt still but now we have lube as well... why is that?? Am i ever gonna not bleed when having an intimate time with my boyfriend? Is it because of the hymen still? Any tips to not bleed? (we used condoms both times btw)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Bleeding

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi kiiiimibela,

Ouch, that sounds like it was uncomfortable. If you haven't already done so, this article might help you identify possible causes and way to address them: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse. One really common reason people feel pain when something is inserted into the vagina is that they're nervous, tense, or not fully aroused. When you and your boyfriend have tried this, would you say you were mentally and physically turned on?

Since you mentioned your hymen, it may help to know that the hymen, also known as the vaginal corona, isn't the way many people think it is. Rather than being a brittle membrane, it's actually made of folds of mucous tissue that are flexible. That being said, if someone is tense or not turned on, there can be minor tears in the tissue that cause pain or bleeding. You can read even more about the vaginal corona here: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic