Masturbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Fred
Pronouns: He

Masturbation

Unread post by Fred »

Hi, I’m a 17 year old straight male, and I don’t masturbate. I don’t mean that I’ve quit, I mean that I’ve never really done it to begin with. All my friends frequently masturbate, some a few times a week and some a few times a day. I’ve never really felt the need to masturbate. I’m not sure if it’s that I just can’t work up the urge or if I don’t feel like putting in the effort or what. I’m wondering if there’s something wrong with me/my dick, if I’ve got like low testosterone or ED or something. It’s been starting to worry me more and more as the years go on. I do have nocturnal emissions, and it used to me several times per week, but they’ve started to come less frequently recently. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Masturbation

Unread post by al »

Hi there Fred, and welcome to Scarleteen!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with not masturbating or not wanting to masturbate. While it might feel like everyone is doing it all the time, the reality is that lots of people do it and lots of people don't. It really is a personal decision, and one that can change over the course of a lifetime for a lot of different reasons. If you don't feel the urge right now, it doesn't mean that you won't ever, or that there's anything wrong with you.

Have you ever tried? Do you feel like you wish you could?
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic