Desensitization from aggressive mastrubation?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Faala24-60-1!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Desensitization from aggressive mastrubation?

Unread post by Faala24-60-1! »

I know vibrators don’t desensitize you but I haven’t been able to find any info about whether the same is true for grinding furniture. I started at a very young age and was told it’d damage nerves and that I should use a pillow instead but it was never hard enough for me to feel anything so I continued grinding furniture for years. Now it’s 10+ years later and I still require a LOT of stimulation to feel pleasure and have never orgasmed either. I’m worried they were right and I’ve permanently damaged myself and won’t ever be able to orgasm.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Desensitization from aggressive mastrubation?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Faala,

It's unlikely that masturbating that way would cause some sort of permanent damage. There isn't really any sound research to suggest that vigorous stimulation of the clitoris can do anyone harm or change anyone's anatomy or sexual response permanently.

You mention you've never orgasmed from masturbation. Can you give me a sense of how much experimenting you've done with positions and methods besides your current one?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic