Withdrawal bleed

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Spiderman23
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Withdrawal bleed

Unread post by Spiderman23 »

Hi Scarleteen,

So I’m on the combined pill. I take it for 21 days and have a 7 day break. I finish the pill on a Tuesday and have my withdrawal bleed on Saturday then I start the next pill pack on the following Wednesday. Me and my boyfriend had sex last night after I took my pill, the bleeding had stopped but afterwards when I went to the toilet there was blood coming through when I wipe. Is this just remaining blood inside of me and nothing to be concerned about? Is it normal?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Withdrawal bleed

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Spiderman23,

As was mentioned in our last conversation with you, the most beneficial conversations we can have with you right now are around the anxiety you seem to have around things like sex and pregnancy. While it may feel reassuring, analyzing every little thing your body does is likely keeping you locked in the anxiety-brain loop. So, we're happy to discuss things like more mental health resources or making sexual choices that you're 100% comfortable with, but need to ask you steer clear of more body/pregnancy anxiety questions. Okay?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic