Came inside condom

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Spiderman23
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Came inside condom

Unread post by Spiderman23 »

Hi,

This might be a silly question but just wanted reassurance. I’m on the pill and me and my boyfriend used a male condom, during intercourse he ejaculated obviously into the condom and after that he entered me one more time. I’m just a bit concerned that because his condom was already full and he was inside me again, is there any chance some sperm could’ve escaped?
Thanks
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Came inside condom

Unread post by Jacob »

HI Spiderman!

The only way to check whether that occured, would have been to examine the condom itself.

Usually when we use condoms we leave a little 'gap' at the top. Which makes it less likely for overspill to happen.

This is still safer than being condomless but as I'm sure you can guess we would totally encourage removing a condom and using a new one if continuing to have sex which requires a condom, after ejaculation has happened.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Spiderman23
not a newbie

Ah ok, see he removed the condom himself so I didn’t see it. But I’m assuming I’m safe because he only entered me one more time after he previously ejaculated?
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

You could ask your boyfriend about it, but if he didn't see any sperm coming out, then that's the more reliable bit of data. Not the number of times he 'entered'.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

To be clear, the reason to use a new condom each time is that using the same one makes it much more likely the condom will slip off (and when it does, if it does inside the vagina, leaving all the ejaculate in it exactly where you don't want it to go) or break.

If it didn't do either of those things, you got lucky, and there's no cause for concern. There is, however, cause for reminding your partner to put a new condom on each time in case you aren't so lucky again. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Spiderman23
not a newbie

Thanks Heather, we didn’t carry on fully again. It was just one more thrust in me and then we stopped so there isn’t a need for concern? If we were to carry on having sex then I would totally get him to put a new condom on
moonlight
volunteer in training
Awesomeness Quotient: I do improv as often as possible.
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by moonlight »

Hey Spiderman,

As long as the condom didn't change position during that one thrust then that is unlikely to make a difference, so the information you got from everyone else is still the best answer to your question.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic