Transgender - freaking out about hormones

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ShadowSong21
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My adaptability
Primary language: Polish/English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Girl(non-binary) / Pansexual-Demisexual

Re: Transgender - freaking out about hormones

Unread post by ShadowSong21 »

Being in therapy more often isn't a possibility, and as it is now I sometimes find it hard to find stuff to talk about.
About those expectations ... I feel like HRT won't change much in my life and won't make it magically better. Also there are possible changes I'm not looking forward that I'm not super happy if they occur. And I've read through the article and I'm not a fan of it, how it is stated which changes are beneficial/wanted and which are not, and I disagree with some of it.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

It's okay if you don't find some of the possible changes to be things you want (that article was written with the general patterns of what changes from HRT people find to be beneficial in mind, but we know that each person who does it will have their own, unique feelings about the different changes).

Since seeing your therapist more often isn't an option, have the two of you at least talked about a plan for how you'll adjust to being on hormones? For instance, have you come up with a plan for how you'll cope if some unwanted changes occur?
ShadowSong21
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My adaptability
Primary language: Polish/English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Girl(non-binary) / Pansexual-Demisexual

Unread post by ShadowSong21 »

I actually had my session today and I started talking to her about my indifferent approach about HRT, and she wasn't surprised, and just kinda waved it off. I told her a bit a bout my worries, but she said that we already talked through all the effects of HRT and as it is, I can be on HRT unless I change my mind.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic