is it my fault

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
nikkibaker
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my heart
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: staight

is it my fault

Unread post by nikkibaker »

me and my boyfriend just broke up he was mad he said it was my fault because i came to his house i tried not to but when the cops see you walking around and ask where your going and you say no where they have to do there job they asked me who i was with and why i wasnt somewhere safe i told the cops i was with my boy friend but he had to go home they asked his name so i told them and they said ok get in the car so i did they took me to his house witch i didnt know that thats what they were doing now he wont even talk to me he said it pissed him off that they broght me to his house but i didnt have any say in it they took me with out me knowing so he thinks its my fault when all they were trying to do is find a safe place for me to stay. was it my fault we broke up
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Re: is it my fault

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Nikki,

It doesn't sound like this was your fault, since you didn't make the choice to have the cops drop you off at his house (and it sounds like they didn't tell you that's what they were doing, so you didn't get a chance to ask to be dropped somewhere else). You likely have a better sense of why the cops dropping you off was such a deal breaker for him, but it does sound to me like he may have been looking for a reason to end the relationship. From what you've described in your other post, it sounded like the relationship was already in a rough patch, so he may have taken this as an opportunity to end it. Does that all make sense?
nikkibaker
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my heart
Sexual identity: staight

Re: is it my fault

Unread post by nikkibaker »

yes but i dont know i just felt like we were good like that day when i was with him we where hanging out and happy till he said i didnt have a place to stay and said well sorry i have to go home and left i didnt fight with him but he seemed up set and wouldnt talk to me he was talking to other girls on his phone so i dont know what to think it kinda felt like i didnt something wrong but thank you for helping me try to understand why :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic