Physical or mental roadblock?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Seigroil
Awesomeness Quotient: slow and steady wins the race
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Sexual identity: cis f, queer

Physical or mental roadblock?

Unread post by Seigroil »

New board user here. Hope I'm posting in an okay location and on an okay topic.

Even though I've been masturbating for a few years now, including both solo and mutually with a long-distance partner, I have never reached orgasm. That doesn't really bother me, but I have my suspicions on why, and would like confirmation and/or advice.

Often (maybe even usually) when I'm turned on and into it, I'll start feeling like I need to pee. I know that this can be a sign of possible squirting/ejaculation, but both because I'm a little intimidated by it and because I'm not excited about potential cleanup, I have always held back. Can suppressing that or 'holding it' be contributing to my inability to learn to orgasm? And if so, do you have any advice on how to feel more comfortable about going through with it?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Physical or mental roadblock?

Unread post by Heather »

If you feel like holding back at that moment is basically holding back on potentially reaching orgasm, then I think it's worth your while to see what happens when you don't hold back.

It sounds like the reason you stop things at that moment is that you think you might urinate or otherwise have a big bunch of fluids to deal with. So, how about, if possible, getting to that point in a place where it's easy to deal with, like on the toilet or in the shower or tub? Or just putting a bunch of towels down?

Mind, this might not be the issue, but I trust your instincts, and being able to just kind of let go on the whole is also a big part of becoming orgasmic, so I think just trying to go ahead is a good call.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic