I’m worried about my penis size.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Anonymous one
Awesomeness Quotient: Creativity
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He

I’m worried about my penis size.

Unread post by Anonymous one »

Hi, thanks for letting me ask a question :D .
I am 13 (almost 14), I’ve read a lot of the article/questions that are on the board about penis sizes. They all said about the same thing about how long someone’s penis should be at a certain age. I’m feeling embarrassed :oops: because they all said that at my age my penis should be at least 5.25”when erect, mine is 4.13” :shock: when it’s erect. Is there something wrong with me? Thank you for your time.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: I’m worried about my penis size.

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi anonymous one!

We might have mentioned average sizes... but I don't think we ever say anyone's penis should be a certain size at any age. And the important difference there is that 'Average' doesn't mean 'Correct'. The average age of everyone in the USA is around 36 years old. That doesn't make being 36 years old the 'correct' age, or the age you 'should be'. And it's the same with penis size, there's nothing wrong with you to have a smaller or a bigger than average penis. It's just a personal feature, like eye-colour or hair-colour. It's also subject to change too.

So yeah! You are good the way you are, and there's nothing to worry about here.

Is there anything else concerning you about it?

Hope this helped!
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I’m worried about my penis size.

Unread post by Heather »

Just to clear this, I can 100% guarantee NONE of our own content -- that we have said or written, not that users may have said in services -- say that a penis should be any given size during puberty. You will see a lot of me, personally, saying that that is something no one expressly can give. Now and then in advice columns we validate people about their own genitals, so it is possible you may have seen a few times of myself or others telling someone that, "Yes, X size for X age is normal." But that's it.

I think what you have actually probably seen are a lot of board users saying things about penises sizes that aren't necessarily true or accurate -- or are, but not universally -- because they're here freaking out about their penis size, too. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic