Birth control misuse

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Giggles0703
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Birth control misuse

Unread post by Giggles0703 »

So I'm taking birth control, and I started taking my pills Monday November 27, and I missed Friday December 1 and Saturday December 2 but Sunday December 3 I took the one for Sunday and the other two I had missed, and then today Monday December 4 I took my pill about 4 or 5 hours off. And later tonight I had unprotected sex and my bf came inside of me. Should I get a plan b pill?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Birth control misuse

Unread post by Heather »

Most likely, an emergency contraceptive pill can't do more than your pill is already doing, given it was less than three days missed and you did make the pills up properly.

So, I would say this is a matter of what you want and would feel best doing.

For the future, do you need any help talking to partners about Condom use? As well, do you have a cell phone with an alarm function? If so, sounds like having one set every day just for taking your pill might help you out.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic