UTI

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Charliex
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

UTI

Unread post by Charliex »

Is it possible to have a uti without any stinging/pain , I have that feeling where I need to pee constantly but only trickles or I will indeed pee a fair amount and then 20 mins later feel like I need to pee again but only a trickle . My mom has suffered with cystitis and she gave me these cranberry capsules and we will go to the doctor but is this possible ?
Charliex
not a newbie

Re: UTI

I've also had a pregnancy scare but you assured me that in my case it would be Very unlikely and I've had a withdrawal bleed since then so I don't think it could be frequent urination from pregnancy
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi CharlieX,

Both pain and frequent urination are typical symptoms of UTIs, but it may be possible to have one without the other. It's great that you've already planned to go to the doctor to ask about your concerns, since that's the sound next step to take. If you want to learn more about UTIs, check this out: Out, Out Damn UTI!
Charliex
not a newbie

Last question : can 2 virgins have stds
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

The short answer is that it's highly unlikely. This article offers a thorough answer to that question: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... ave_an_std
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic