Pregnancy

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
julez.white
Pronouns: He/him

Pregnancy

Unread post by julez.white »

julez.white wrote:Hi all. My girlfriend has been on the pill for about 4 weeks now (is 2-3 pills into her sugar pill section). About 9 weeks ago we had sex and the condom slipped off without either of us knowing for what could've been about 2 minutes. We started to panic as back then she wasn't on the pill, but the next week she had her period and it was back to normal. We were having sex around 3 times a week (with condom) and didn't have any problems. When she started the pill she was about to have her period again. After she started she complained about cramps for a few days but then they stopped (might've been her body being confused from the prevented period). Also, straight after she started she began displaying the side effects (which resembled pregnancy side effects) such as nausea (without vomitting, however the nausea was occasional and random), breast growth and soreness. Take note that I was overseas when she started so we were not having sex for the first 3 weeks of the pill. These symptoms continued for these weeks and when I got back we had sex (once) and had no problem. I was sick with some stomach bug that day and she had some sort of cold. The next day she was complaining that she was feeling nauseous and this continued for a few days (was more constant and she was coughing a lot). She has also needed to go to the bathroom a bit more than usual but I think this is because she has been drinking a lot more water and not eating much because of the nausea and cold. After a few days she has stopped feeling nauseous and has started the sugar pills. Right now she is on her second and tonight will have her third. Her cramps have been apparently excruciating but thus far no blood has appeared (not inside nor outside). We are quite concerned that she may have concieved somehow but maybe this is her body reacting to the pill differently? She hasn't displayed any signs of intense cravings or increased sense of smell. Someone help? She has also been experiencing some lower back pain in the last two days.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnancy

Unread post by Sam W »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic