Brown fluid with blood

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Avery
Awesomeness Quotient: My resourcefulness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Brown fluid with blood

Unread post by Avery »

Hi Scarleteen! Thanks for helping out you guys
Thing is, my period is super irregular but when it comes I get cramps and feel a bit bloated. Yesterday I started showing a brown fluid with bits of blood in it. I payed it no mind but then, it became stronger. By the afternoon it was enough to leave a stain on my underwear, but it didn't feel like my period. The second time I checked, there was a lot more of blood than before. It does look similar to a period but it's not my normal menstruation at all. I have had sexual activity, but in theory neither present risk, since one was oral and the other was manual, in this one I kept my underwear on and was on my period. Yet every time I google it it says it is a hint of a pregnancy! Sort of scared right now. Thanks for your help!
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Brown fluid with blood

Unread post by Redskies »

Hi Avery,

Dr Google is notoriously a terrible doctor! It usually suggests all kinds of alarming things for any symptoms anyone can think of. It's usually much much better not to put any health concerns into a general search engine, and instead look only on a reputable health site.

It's fairly common to get some brown discharge at the beginning or end of a period. Too, menstrual flow can sometimes look brown. Periods don't always look and feel exactly the same, even for the same person: everyone has some variation sometimes. Even if you've never experienced a period like this before, it's perfectly possible that this is what this period looks like this time for you. It's pretty likely that what you're seeing is the beginning of your period, so I'd suggest waiting and seeing what your body does over the next few days, and your body will show you if it's your period.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic