New brith control pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

New brith control pill

Unread post by gatesy08 »

Hi there, I recently asked a similar question and I apologize I forgot I am breaking any rules.

I switched from mirvala to loestrin and fully completed my mirvala pack, including placebos before starting loestrin on the day I would have taken my old pill. I read a lot on here that if you do it that way with no gaps, minus your placebos you remain protected.

Where I get confused is why do some sources say to use a backup protection? Is it because not all combo pills use the exact ingredients or formulas of them?

Again apologies if I am over doing it.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: New brith control pill

Unread post by al »

Hi there gatesy,

You have gotten advice from the doctor and from Sam separately (and she's set a limit with you), so I'm going go ahead and lock this thread. If you'd like to talk about techniques for managing anxiety we can definitely do that, but for the moment we've answered all that we can with these questions. If you're feeling unsure about your prescriptions, you can follow up with that doctor or your pharmacist, because they're going to be the ones who know your situation best.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic