Stressed Bisexual

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
BisexualFish
Awesomeness Quotient: I can draw and sing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her he/him
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Stressed Bisexual

Unread post by BisexualFish »

Hey i am Sixteen years old and i am bisexual i have questioned myself since i was in 4th grade after i had a crush on my best-friend.... and i know i am bisexual.... i tried to tell my mom 2 years ago and she just said quote 'No your not' i got so upset... Today i was joking around and said that i would marry a man or a woman and my dad said 'Really?!' than my mom said "She's wants to be that way to be cool" i don't even cry about it anymore ..... but it hurt and i got dizzy and felt physically sick and had to sit for a while.... i came out to my older sister a year ago and she came out as bi to me too :o it made me feel so much better :) but i just don't know what to do because i know no matter what i say they won't believe me....... it makes it worse because they claim to be open minded and very supportive of LGBTA+ people and said if any of my siblings came out they would be fine with it but thinks i am faking it and it's making me doubt myself more........
Carmen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: disco dancing on roller skates
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Stressed Bisexual

Unread post by Carmen »

Hi BisexualFish,

I am so sorry to hear your parents are trying to tell you what you are or are not - and that is completely not okay. I am also sorry they are not listening to you and are being hypocritical in the open-mindedness they claim to have. I want to check in about:
1) taking care of yourself. It sounds like your parents opinion are having a strong impact on you, especially based off what you said about it making you doubt yourself more. What are some resources or self-care methods you have found help bring you back to a space of self-confidence/pride regarding who you are? And if you have not found any, I am happy to help in that search process!
2) talking to your parents. How would you ideally want this situation with your parents to work out? Do you want to try talking to your parents again? How would that conversation go in your ideal world? I also wonder if your sister could be a good resource in that process - has she had any experience talking to your parents about her sexual identity?

This reading could also be a generally helpful resource: :)
The Art of Getting Bi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic