Just off birth control

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
avi13
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: english

Just off birth control

Unread post by avi13 »

Hey guys

I have been experiencing sharp pains in my ovaries for the last two days, had cramps for the last week on and off .. But no period increased breast size but still nothing

I just got off birth control about a month ago and this has all started after stopping the pill I was on Minerva 35 for just over a year.. I had to stop it as it was causing issues with my periods, mood swings and discharge

Any advice about what could be wrong or is this symptoms of coming off birth control

Thanks for all the awesome support over the last few years keep it up

Avi
avi13
not a newbie

Re: Just off birth control

Unread post by avi13 »

Just to add I have not gotten my period as yet since stopping the pill
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Can you give me an idea of how severe these pains are? Can you also fill me in, if you've been sexually active, on if you're up-to-date with your STI tests and preventative sexual healthcare?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
avi13
not a newbie

Unread post by avi13 »

Hi heather

They feel like needle in my ovaries and I have not had sex this month or last I have been fingered by my boyfriend but that's it.. No Sti's either
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

So, you have recently had a full panel of STI tests and a gynecological exam?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
avi13
not a newbie

Unread post by avi13 »

No I have not but, but I have not had sex in the last year
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Manual sex is a kind of sex, so if you have engaged in that, and other kinds of sex before, STI tests are needed. They're also the only way to know if we do or don't have an infection.

It sounds to me like you'll want to call into the doctor or clinic you see for this kind of healthcare. If you're due for an annual exam and/or STI tests anyway (or have never had them), then I'd suggest you just make an appointment for those things and make clear, when you make that appointment, you're having some severe ovarian pain, so want, if they can, to be seen as soon as they can fit you in. Then you can ask about this at the same time and the exam they'd be giving you anyway will allow them to investigate it for you.

You also have asked in the past several times over the last year about concerns with discharges, so if you still haven't had your healthcare provider look into that for you, you could finally get that looked into as well.
avi13
not a newbie

Unread post by avi13 »

Does coming of birth control not give you any of these side effects.. Could I get an sti from having manual sex??
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Yes, manual sex poses risks of some infections, be it STIs or general bacterial infections.

Coming off of hormonal methods of contraception is not something generally associated with sharp pain of any kind. Breast tenderness can occur when coming off the pill as it can when starting it, but tenderness is not severe pain. Again, severe pain, if that is what you are experiencing, of any kind is something that is best brought to a healthcare provider without delay.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic