Is it the birth control

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
avi13
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: english

Is it the birth control

Unread post by avi13 »

Hi

Please somebody help me with this one

I have been experiencing brown discharge a week after period for the last 5 months

for the last 2 months the Friday before my period starts which is a Tuesday every month, I have a little bleeding when I pee and then stops

iv been to the doctor numerous time and she says that its an infection and gives me antibiotics, which don't help.

I went to my dermatologist this week and she says its my ovaris and hormone imbalance and that I should stop the pill.

I haven't had sex in more than 2 years, but have been fingered a month back

what could this be please help anybody??
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is it the birth control

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi avi13,

Have you been to the doctor for a follow-up to tell them that the antibiotics aren't working? And, I have to say, I would ask them if it could be a side effect of your birth control rather than asking the dermatologist (as the reproductive system is not their specialty)

Too, some people will have darker discharge around their period. You can read more about that here: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
avi13
not a newbie

Unread post by avi13 »

Hi

I have been but she keeps putting me on antibiotics but this discharge has been going on for 5 months now I get my period and then after period it is normal for a week and then all of a sudden it's brown discharge till I get my period.. I do t know if this could be a side effect of birth control I have been using it for just over a year now.. I am in Minerva 35
avi13
not a newbie

Unread post by avi13 »

Also the Friday before my period I get bloody urine in the morning and then stop and is brown discharge again that has been happening for the last two months after taking a really strong antibiotic
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Again, this is something to talk about with your doctor, because we can't diagnose people over the internet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic