Slipped Comdom

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ngasine
not a newbie
Primary language: Thai, English
Sexual identity: Straight

Slipped Comdom

Unread post by ngasine »

Dear,

Hi, I'm Bill from Thailand.

Last night, I had sex with my GF and I did use condom.

After I ejaculated in condom, I felt like my GF was going to ejaculate too. So, I continued with some more stokes.
After that, I pulled my penis out and found that the condom was slipped.

It didn't completely slipped out because it still held on and covered my penis head (even when I was standing
and let the condom hanged down from my penis, the condom didn't slip off until I pulled it off myself).
(My penis got a bit soft, though.)

I would like to ask if there's any risk getting pregnant from this?

Ps. My GF's period came on 21 May 2015 and the day of this event was 1 Jun 2015 in my timezone.

Thank you,
Bill
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Slipped Comdom

Unread post by Heather »

With condoms slipping off, that's only an issue when it comes to pregnancy (with STIs, it's not quite the same situation) if the condom slips off all the way inside the vagina, rather than any of it still being on your penis, or the condom being inside the vagina, but not completely, so that some of the condom is still outside the vagina.

Condoms, like any other method of contraception, are not 100% effective at preventing pregnancy. So, even when methods of contraception are used, and used perfectly, we can't ever say there's no risk of pregnancy when people are having the kinds of sex that can result in pregnancy, because that will just never be factual.

However, in one year of proper use -- that means always storing condoms properly, putting them on right, using them for all genital contact, using adequate lubrication with them -- condoms are 98% effective at preventing pregnancy, so while there will always be some risk there, you can see how small that risk is.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
ngasine
not a newbie
Primary language: Thai, English
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by ngasine »

Heather wrote:With condoms slipping off, that's only an issue when it comes to pregnancy (with STIs, it's not quite the same situation) if the condom slips off all the way inside the vagina, rather than any of it still being on your penis, or the condom being inside the vagina, but not completely, so that some of the condom is still outside the vagina.

Condoms, like any other method of contraception, are not 100% effective at preventing pregnancy. So, even when methods of contraception are used, and used perfectly, we can't ever say there's no risk of pregnancy when people are having the kinds of sex that can result in pregnancy, because that will just never be factual.

However, in one year of proper use -- that means always storing condoms properly, putting them on right, using them for all genital contact, using adequate lubrication with them -- condoms are 98% effective at preventing pregnancy, so while there will always be some risk there, you can see how small that risk is.
Dear Heather,

According to your answer, can I take it the risk are low and I shouldn't be overly worried?

And thank you very much for answering my question. God bless you.

Best Regards,
Bill
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

As you read above, it's when the condom comes off inside the vagina completely that increases the risk. So, if that did not happen, you can assume you still had the protection provided by the condom.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic