having severe cramps although usually never have cramps?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
patchoulibae
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she

having severe cramps although usually never have cramps?

Unread post by patchoulibae »

okay, so last night i had a terrible pregnancy scare, but am now sure theres no risk of pregnancy. yesterday i gave my boyfriend a handjob, got tiny amount cum on my fingers and wiped it off. two minutes after theres a chance i got my finger around my vagina, although i dont remember. boyfriend said i didnt. after doing HOURS of research im sure i cant be pregnant because wiping the cum would've made sure anything on my fingers wouldve been dry in two minutes? so sperm would've been dead. but now today im having insaneee cramps. im ten days away from my next period and ive NEVER had cramps like this before. usually when i cramp its just a bit discomfort in my vaginal area but today i stood up and got dizzy and felt like i was going to throw up. i had mild but consistent cramping in my lower left side all day and suddenly my vaginal area and stomach is in SO much pain and i feel like im going to throw up? i guess my questions are, is this a sign of pregnancy? is it possible for me to get crazy painful cramps when ive never had them before or is this a sign of some medical issue? this is only my third regular period so i guess its possible i could suddenly get cramps? thank you so much for the help and im sorry if i did something wrong here, this is my first post.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: having severe cramps although usually never have cramps?

Unread post by Heather »

Pregnancy clearly isn't an issue here (and even if it was, pregnancy doesn't present with cramps).

Can you give me a better picture of these cramps: where are they per your body (lower left side of your abdomen, do you mean?), and how painful are they on a scale of one to ten, with zero being no pain, and ten being the worst pain you can imagine (like if a truck were to have run over your body, for instance)? And besides feeling nauseated, is anything else going on with your body that's unusual for you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
patchoulibae
not a newbie

well it was on the right side in the beginning of the day (i meant to type right but said left) i used to get cramps like this a lot because of my ed. but now it feels like anything ive had before. i know its not because i need to move my bowels cause i go like every day/other day. when i first got them i would rate them an 7.5 or maybe an 8 if i were to exaggerate. now theyre down to a six or seven but i havent tried standing up in a while. if i clench my vagina starts aching but its not bad down there anymore. in my lower stomach theres a dull but heavy ache and i feel like im going to throw up, although im not sure why. i thought period cramps occured in the lower back and now the stomach though? im extremely uncomfortable and i have finals tomorrow and i cant afford to go to the doctors :(
patchoulibae
not a newbie

cant flip over on my bed because my lower stomach (like right about my mons) is in so much pain.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Okay, so I'd suggest you see a healthcare provider ASAP with that high level of pain and this kind of pain. This doesn't sound at all related to your periods to me (especially given you aren't due for one for a whole still), and that is a high level of pain. This sounds much more likely to me to be an abdominal issue, and you want to be sure you don't have something going on that needs immediate diagnosis and treatment like big problems with your gallbladder, appendix, or ovaries.

If you can't afford to go to a doctor, then the emergency room -- where people cannot be refused care for lack of payment -- will be your best bet. Can you get a parent or guardian, other relative or friend (or your boyfriend) to take you, or call for an ambulance, if neither of those options are available to you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
patchoulibae
not a newbie

thank you so much for replying : ) but my mom wont take me i already asked so i guess ill give it a little longer. i took some tylenol and tried drinking some water.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Did you make clear how severe the pain is? If so, then I'd advise you go ahead and call yourself an ambulance. I would NOT advise taking any pain medicines -- they tax your liver, so if you have abdominal troubles, they could make them worse -- or waiting.
patchoulibae
not a newbie

yes i did but shes not willing to take me. shes a nurse herself but all i got was a lecture on how tight money is and she rubbed some stuff on my back
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

But you can still call an ambulance yourself (and if your mother is a working nurse, you likely have some kind of healthcare plan, anyway, but again, the ER has to take sick people, regardless of ability to pay, and also forgive the cost if someone is so low-income they cannot pay it). Do you feel like you would be unsafe with your mother if you did that?

I don't mean to be pushy, but when someone posts a level of pain that is that high and severe, we truly have to advise they seek out immediate medical care.
patchoulibae
not a newbie

the pain had left my stomach area is now entirely in my vaginal area so i guess i was having really bad period cramps for the first time and it caught me really off guard? theres no way this is a sign of pregnancy though right? im still a little scared of that. thank you sooo much for the help : )
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

As Heather has already told you, pregnancy is not a concern here.

If you are still having severe pain, regardless of whether it's in your abdomen or vaginal area, it really is important that you get medical attention ASAP.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic