masturbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
PomPom
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

masturbation

Unread post by PomPom »

hi! i’m 16 y/o girl and i have a problem with masturbation and body sensitivity in general. btw, english isn’t my native language, so if i did some rough mistakes, i’m sorry, feel free to correct me (if u want of course)
so, i don’t know how to put it correctly because i’ve never talked about it with anyone, but i’ve seen a lot of posts about it there, so it’s probably the only way i can talk about it without awkwardness or embarrassment. i started getting interested in this since 15 i guess, before that, even when i was aroused i didn't try anything. and that’s the problem, now when i WANT to masturbate, to try it, i can’t get aroused enough. the things that worked for me, don’t hit me now, and that’s frustrating. i guess it’s because i’ve been thinking/watching/reading so much sexual stuff that i’ve overfeed myself, but what should i do with it now??? like, nothing works!! and also, another thing is sensitivity, when i touch/or rub my clit i don’t feel anything. when i touch around the same thing - nothing. i feel something when i hold my legs close to each other, but this feeling isn’t strong. and it also hurts a little when i try to put a finger or, for example menstrual cup inside. it’s like a slight burning sensation inside. i tried to get this topic with my doctor in menstrual cup context, but she told me “i’m just not ready for it” it’s concerning. and i use lubricant, so it’s not about dryness. i thought maybe it’s because i have long nails, but when i tried to put a cup it’s still felt weird. i don’t know what to do, or think. i thought maybe try to buy some vibrator, but isn’t it bad to start masturbate with vibrator?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: masturbation

Unread post by Latha »

Hi PomPom!

I'm glad you feel comfortable expressing yourself here! Don't worry about making any mistakes, I can understand you well.

You know, I don't think you can really overfeed yourself by watching or reading sexual media. It could just be that this is a new activity, so you need to learn to connect with your arousal again. And the lack of arousal you're feeling may be contributing to the lack of pleasurable sensation, as touching yourself when you're already very aroused can feel quite different from doing the same when you are not.

While it can take some trial and error to learn to use menstrual cups and tampons, especially when you're younger, I don't think that you just are not ready yet. It can help to start with the smallest size and try a few different positions while putting it in. Have you done those things?

Don't worry, it isn't bad to start to masturbate with a vibrator- they are not a magic bullet, but they do help many people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic