Is it possible to get pregnant from fingering myself after giving handjob?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
zi
Pronouns: she/her

Is it possible to get pregnant from fingering myself after giving handjob?

Unread post by zi »

I'm experiencing extreme anxiety about the possibility of pregnancy. I'm a 19-year-old female, still studying, and had an intimate encounter with my boyfriend. After giving him a handjob, his sperm got on my hands. Later, he fingered me while the sperm was still on my hands. It's been approximately more than 5 mins. Before I could finish, we had to stop because he needs to go home, and the sperm was now clear in color. Initially, I washed my hands with water, but about 5-10 minutes later, I used dishwashing soap. I went upstairs to my room to try to finish myself but got anxious about the possibility of live sperm cells still being present on my hands.

In an attempt to be thorough, I washed my hands again, this time with shampoo, and applied rubbing alcohol afterward. I then proceeded to finger myself. Now, I'm really worried about the chances of pregnancy.

Could there still be live sperm cells on my hands, and is there a risk of pregnancy?

My last period started around December 16-17, and this incident occurred on the evening of December 29. My periods are irregular, with the previous ones in November and October happening in different weeks. I'm concerned about the timing in relation to my potential ovulation. I'm concerned that I might be ovulating since my periods are irregular, occurring in different weeks each month (e.g., November in the second week, October in the first week).

Can someone please offer some advice or insights into whether there's a real risk of pregnancy in this situation? I hope you can provide some guidance or insights into a situation that's been causing me a lot of anxiety. I appreciate any help and information you can provide. I'm super panicking right now.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is it possible to get pregnant from fingering myself after giving handjob?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Zi,

So, there isn't a risk from the scenario you describe. The main reason for that is that sperm are fragile, and the can't survive the transfer from penis to hand to vagina, let alone the trip from penis to hand to all the the other things you touched and then to the vagina. Nor can they survive after being washed or wiped off. You can read more about that here: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?
zi

Unread post by zi »

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question. I know my question is stupid, I'm just worried about the possibility of live sperm remaining on my nails, as I'm uncertain about how thoroughly I washed them. But anyway, this means a lot to me. I appreciate your support in this moment of anxiety. Have a nice day!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome, and I'm glad I was able to help! If you're still feeling a bit anxious, this piece is designed to help folks in the midst of worrying about pregnancy: The Pregnancy Panic Companion
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic