Buying sex toys

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
wannabevamp
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Gay

Buying sex toys

Unread post by wannabevamp »

Hi,
I'm 17, gay guy but also trans and have no real possibility of having sex anytime soon, despite how much I would like to lol. I can't use my natal junk for dysphoria and lack of pleasure reasons but I really like anal, the problem is it's honestly kind of hard to finger yourself, the angle is weird, my hand gets tired. so I want to get a toy and some nice lube to use. I live in a liberal college town, there is a feminist/sex positive toy store the town over, I can drive myself pay cash etc. I just want to know would they let me in? do those kinds of store usually card you? or am I good. I know legally there isn't anything against me buying one (in MA).
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Buying sex toys

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there.

You do have to be a legal adult to go into sex toy shops in all states of the US, and because they can get in big legal hot water if they sell to minors, while they might not card at the door, I wouldn't advise buying from a shop until you're of age for that reason. It's tough to run an indie sex shop in the states, and the last thing one needs is legal problems because of selling to minors.

That said, it's really easy to get things online now from more general retailers who don't live on the same margins.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
wannabevamp
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Gay

Unread post by wannabevamp »

Would I be able to buy something at target or would they check too?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Target doesn't usually carry a wide selection of sex toys, but that said, if yours had something you wanted, I'd be pretty surprised if they carded you. And if they did, it's not like you'd be in any trouble for trying to buy something, since the legal issue isn't on the buyer, but the seller, end of things.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic