Walking and creepy man

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
MindfulGoldfish
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her

Walking and creepy man

Unread post by MindfulGoldfish »

Hey this is my first time writing something on here and i am still learning how to use this then so please be kind and sorry if i don’t do something correctly.
Also by the way this is be triggering topic……

Not sure how to start but here we go. This is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. Today i was walking to the library listening to music on my headphones. And not to far from my house i walked past some apartment building with some people smoking out side including a creepy old man who started talking very loudly to me trying to get my attention and moving very frustratedly. So i start walking faster and then he dose and continues to flow me a few feet behind me. This goes on for a bit me increasing my speed a little. Him still flowing me passed the cross walk, and still dose. Where i gain some distance. At some point we pass a few people where i consider asking them for help but he is still behind me and i am scared to stop. So i keep going and he dose so i just start runing now and then once i know he is more of a distance i just start walking fast like i was before. But he still flows me for a bit. And then far off from his original point he turns back. And the rest of the time up to the library i was consents chalking behind me, scared. But i continue on my mid afternoon. I am scared because they live really close by and on the Main Street, what besides this feels the safest to walk down. I have also had a other creepy interaction with this old man where he said something creepy to me that i am not sure exactly what he said a moth ago. I am scared and creeped out and i don’t know what to do. Or exactly who to tell. I don’t want to worry my parents. And me and my mom get in arguments about things not to similar to this but to similar. And my dad well i don’t know how he would answer but he doesn’t get what it is like to be scared all the time in general. What do i do? What can i do? I am worried if i say something people would blow it of because he is a old man like around grandparent age.

Thank you and i am sorry for the misted spelled words. If i don’t but this up now i know i will never. Oh worry. Also i don’t think this adds anything but the creep was holding want looked like a old metal tin and book.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Walking and creepy man

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi MindfulGoldfish,

This sounds like a really scary moment, and I'm sorry you had to deal with it. And I hear you on that fear that if you tell people or ask for help, you'll be dismissed because they don't perceive the situation as anything to be worried about.

It's very considerate of you to be thinking about your parents feelings when you're wondering whether to tell them about this. One thing I'll say is that the vast majority of parents do want to know when there's something that's making you feel unsafe or when something happened that scared you, even if it's stressful for them to hear, because they want to be aware of places in your life where you might need their help or support. With that in mind, do you want to talk about how to bring this up with one or both of your parents?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic