implantation bleeding?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
miabarry46
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

implantation bleeding?

Unread post by miabarry46 »

My boyfriend and i have had a pretty active sex life for a few months but ive been on birth control for two years and we still use condoms. We have tested every condom by filling it with water post sex to make sure there were no breaks. this past month i took antibiotics that i was told would effect my bc so we cut down our sex a bunch during that week (only once or twice) and then we didnt have any post antibiotics for like 15-16 days and now a month after the start of the meds and around my scheduled birth control period time i'm later then i ever have been by a day. i used to get it on tuesdays before i started having sex then it switched to wednesdays, not it is wednesday night and still nothing. I thought it got it around mid day but its just been brown watery discharge. and my first day is always bright red and moderately heavy. i am worried its implantation bleeding? - am i overthinking it? should i keep waiting?
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: implantation bleeding?

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi Miabarry46 and welcome to Scarleteen boards!

I’m sorry that your first post here is about something causing you a lot of anxiety at the moment. If I’m understanding your situation right, your period is currently one day late but usually, it is very regular down to the exact same day every month, correct? It sounds like you have been having very safe sex practices doubling up on birth control as well as verifying that the condoms are intact after the fact. Did you continue these practices during those windows you mentioned when you were on antibiotics and after?

One day late, as well as the fact that the antibiotics could influence your birth control is not cause for alarm yet. Has the light bleeding you were experiencing become stronger today?
miabarry46
not a newbie

Unread post by miabarry46 »

the safe practices were continued throughout the entire month on the antibiotics and off every time we had sex. the bleeding turning to very light and slightly more red overnight, the flow is still unusual for my first day. should i stop worrying now that it is red and not dark brown anymore?
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi miabarry46,

Since you continued practicing safe sex and the bleeding has become more normal for you I would say that there is no need to worry. Especially with the interaction of the antibiotics your period this cycle may just look a little different, which can happen sometimes.

If things change or other symptoms present that worry you feel free to pop back onto the boards for some support and guidance!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic