Missed a pill and spotting

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Missed a pill and spotting

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Hi,

I was taking my Yasmin pill (i am on the 21 pill pack) this morning and only then realised that i had missed a pill, but have no idea when i missed it. I have 4 pills left when i should only have 3, so it means i missed one. I feel like it may have been missed last week, but i cannot confirm. so I called my doctor, and she told me since I had no idea when i missed it, I should just continue taking the pill as is and stop when i am supposed to, which is on this coming Tuesday. I asked about pregnancy risks, and the doctor told me it was unlikely. However, I have started spotting 2 days back, so on thursday, and it has been light. my last sexual intercourse was on 9 June, and we used the withdrawal method, no condoms used.

I wanted to ask about the spotting, and if that is normal? i have already been on the pill for 2 years, so its not like i just started. I do not usually experience spotting when i am taking my pills. I am also experiencing cramps, which is normal breakthrough bleed symptom for me. I am not sure why i am suddenly spotting. i am also experiencing tender swollen breasts.Any advice would be helpful!

thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Missed a pill and spotting

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Juliaho90,

We can't say for certain why you're experiencing the spotting, but from your description it sounds like what is happening is your withdrawal bleed is coming a bit earlier than expected. But, if you notice the spotting doesn't stop or doesn't turn into your withdrawal bleed, or you start to notice pain or discomfort in your genitals (or during urination), then you might want to check in with a healthcare provider again just to see if the spotting is a sign of an underlying issue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic