IMPORTANT !!!

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
zoinkscoob
Awesomeness Quotient: My sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

IMPORTANT !!!

Unread post by zoinkscoob »

My boyfriend and I are 16 and 17 years old and we've only ever been intimate with each other, first kiss, first time, first everything; so neither of us have STDs. I've been on birth control for 3 to 4 months now. We have sex basically every day sometimes even twice a day but never when I'm on my period. For the past few days it's been hurting every time he enters but then the pain subsides. I know it's not supposed to hurt when he puts it in. Sometimes I'm not lubricated enough and he just goes in; I'm wondering if that could have done something to me? But even when I am really lubricated, it still hurts! I even tried to put my finger inside myself and that hurt too! Then my vagina feels really sore after sex and when I pee right after there's a slight sting. But, it goes away the next time I go to pee and eventually the soreness wears off. I've been having more discharge and a few days ago he went down on me he said it tasted sour and different. My period is supposed to start in 3 days and I'm wondering if I'm having more discharge cause of it? Also, should we refrain from having sex? I don't think it's anything serious, god forbid! I just think something might be torn down there... :cry:
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: IMPORTANT !!!

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Zoinkscoob,

There can be a few reasons why sex is painful. You mention using lube, which is great. Are you also aroused and not tense when having sex? Or do any of the explanations here sound like they might apply? From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
As for your discharge questions, this article is a great place to start: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
If having sex is causing you pain, then it would be sound to refrain from penetration until you have a better sense of what the culprit might be and how to address it. If you do continue having intercourse, what would happen if you asked for him to wait until you're lubricated enough or aroused enough? Is that something he'd respect?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic