Pain during sex

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
cupkake098
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she

Pain during sex

Unread post by cupkake098 »

I'm 16 years old and am sexually active, but sex doesn't feel good to me, most of the time it hurts or I don't feel anything. When I masturbate or my partner does it for me, it feels good and im able to have an orgasm, however when It's intercourse its just painful and doesn't feel good. Im not sure if its something physically wrong but its really frustrating because it feels like im the only one with this problem. Its also frustrating for my partner because it really hurts his self esteem and I cant help but feel bad. I really don't know what to do.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Pain during sex

Unread post by Heather »

You're absolutely not the only one with this issue. Pain, discomfort, or even plain old boredom with vaginal intercourse are all some of the most common questions we've gotten here in all of the nearly two decades we've been around. If it makes you feel better to see some of the company you're in, run a search at the main site, here on the boards or both for "painful intercourse" and see how many people this brings up just with that one search.

We can usually help with this, but often have to ask a bunch of questions to help users get to the bottom of the issue and find some solutions. However, I'm just about to shut down our boards for a winter break, so if you don't mind coming back around on or after January 2nd, I'd be glad to do that with you.

In the meantime, I'm going to leave you a few links that can get you started on your own:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
Yield for Pleasure
With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... want_it_to
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
EmilyDeeDubs
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My cat and I have matching manicures
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Questioning

Re: Pain during sex

Unread post by EmilyDeeDubs »

I just wanted to pipe in and let you know you're definitely not alone in this experience! I've dealt with it and so have many millions of women and girls. In fact, it's one of the most common sexual complaints that therapists and doctors encounter. Of course, that means that there are also many different reasons for the pain and discomfort. The links that Heather included are a good place to start, and I hope you can get closer to finding an answer!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic