QUESTIONS about myself

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
JustAGirl
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm Quirky...
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Gay-ish

QUESTIONS about myself

Unread post by JustAGirl »

Hello, I am a 13 year old girl and I think... I am gay, I don't really like boys (sexually) and I really like girls :3. But I don't know what to do, and yes, I have came out to a lot of my close friends and family. But I want to experience pleasure, and I have tried, but I don't know how. And I have a crush on this girl, but now she is a lot younger than me, I know it won't make a difference when we get older, and I don't know her sexuality. I need advice, I am lost and confused I'm my own mind. Thank you :/. Also one more question Am I too young?
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: QUESTIONS about myself

Unread post by al »

Hi there JustAGirl, and welcome to Scarleteen!

It seems like you are starting to think about your sexual orientation and possibly being involved with other girls. When you ask "Am I too young", are you referring to these thoughts about being gay? Or about getting sexually/romantically involved with others?
It's great to hear that you have talked about these feelings with friends and family. How did that go? Have you learned anything about them or yourself as a result?
It also seems like you are thinking about how you can experience pleasure. When you say "I have tried", do you mean you've tried masturbation? If you feel like you're having trouble with it, this article might be helpful in getting started: How Do You Masturbate?
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
JustAGirl
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm Quirky...
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Gay-ish

Unread post by JustAGirl »

Thanks @Al. Here are the answers to your questions, For the first thing I meant am I too young to attempt at mastrabation I know I am too young to get involved with others, and I see you concern about that. Second, my friends were fine with it, and my "group" of friends are very diverse and accepting! And my family, well my parent are split so I told them separately, my dad thought I was too young as I came out when I was 12 but my mom was accepting and later I told her I didn't know, and that was that. And yes, I learned that my friends and family are very accepting and I am lucky to be surrounded by these people. I am not yet openly gay but I have told many. And last, yes. And I sort of think of this as icky, but I know I shouldn't (I haven't even gotten my period yet!) so I know I still have time, I just... Want to have fun I guess. :/
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by al »

It's awesome that you've found support and validation from your friends and (some) family. I'm really glad to hear that.
In terms of masturbation, there's no such thing as "too young" if it's something that you enjoy and feel good doing. Plenty of people start masturbating at the pre-teen age, for a lot of good reasons. Biologically there's an increase in sex hormones in the body as it goes through (or prepares to go through) puberty. From a psychological standpoint, this is usually a time when young people start to explore their own sexualities and possibly develop sexual/romantic feelings for others.
Is Masturbation Okay? (Yep.) is another article that might be helpful to you- it talks about some of the negative things people often hear about masturbation, and why it's actually something safe and healthy that most people engage in. Your desire to "have fun" isn't a bad thing at all - as long as you're enjoying yourself and feel safe, there's no wrong way (or time) to go about it.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Heretheirony
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Pronouns: Yes
Sexual identity: Comfterble

vagina problems

Unread post by Heretheirony »

Hey , so I'm 15 and I just lost my virginity 3 days ago . Since then I been having a light burn when I'm pee , which I've been told happens when the hymen is broken . But then this morning I got my period and the light burn haven't stopped . My pee doesn't smell and Is clear , which is a good sign I don't have a uti but I'm not sure cause I still have the burn sensation . Is it still just the hymen ??
Last edited by Heretheirony on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heretheirony
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Pronouns: Yes
Sexual identity: Comfterble

Unread post by Heretheirony »

JustAGirl wrote:Hello, I am a 13 year old girl and I think... I am gay, I don't really like boys (sexually) and I really like girls :3. But I don't know what to do, and yes, I have came out to a lot of my close friends and family. But I want to experience pleasure, and I have tried, but I don't know how. And I have a crush on this girl, but now she is a lot younger than me, I know it won't make a difference when we get older, and I don't know her sexuality. I need advice, I am lost and confused I'm my own mind. Thank you :/. Also one more question Am I too young?

Hi , about this , it's really up to you , you can ask her about it , or play the safe root and first ask her if she likes anyone and who it is to get a sense in which way she swings .
Carmen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: disco dancing on roller skates
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by Carmen »

hi JustAGirl,

How are you feeling about everything right now? Everyone does experience their sexuality and different kinds of desires at different ages and times in their lives, there really is no 'normal' age. But it sounds like you are pretty aware of where you are at with that right now - or at least in the process of figuring that out - which is awesome :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic