Can a moderator delete my previous post?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Yummysammy

Can a moderator delete my previous post?

Unread post by Yummysammy »

Hi, I'm scared that someone I know see my previous post (the only one I submitted), is really personal. The reply was really useful but can someone please delete it?
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Can a moderator delete my previous post?

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi Sammy,

I'm glad you found Sam's reply useful! It also might be useful for other people in a similar situation. We may be able to hide your post, however do you think there is anything identifyable in your post which you could edit?

If you go to it and press the pencil icon, it allow you to change any details you want to keep private, while still letting the post stay public for those who could benefit from reading of someone in a similar situation.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Yummysammy

I'll be glad to let it the way it is, but the problem is that when I googled my username the post appeared in the first page, I changed my username hopping it will work but the post still appears when I search. Also the reply includes my older username (I should have used a different name at the start).
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

Hi Yummysammy. I've moved your post to an area of the boards that is only visible to moderators. That isn't something we do very often though, so in the future, it's worth keeping in mind that this is a public, searchable forum, and post accordingly. (Picking a username that you don't use in other places online - like the one you've changed to - is a good idea too!)
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Yummysammy

Thank you very much! Yes I'll be more careful next time. I appreciate that you moved the post :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic