Feelings making me feel guilty?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
a2af2f
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to write
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual cisgender

Feelings making me feel guilty?

Unread post by a2af2f »

I've noticed that, in the rare times when I read a book that includes a rape scene or just someone performing unwelcome sexual advances towards someone else, and the same for when I see it in a movie, I think I get excited? It feels like, in my head I know it's wrong, but at the same time I start to feel aroused (you know, in my vagina) and then I instantly feel awful for feeling aroused and then I tend to just become a mess of worry and guilt. I feel like I have to remind myself that these types of things shouldn't arouse me....... is this normal?
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Feelings making me feel guilty?

Unread post by Johanna »

Welcome to Scarleteen!

It is totally normal and perfectly fine to have fantasies about things you would never want to be part of in real life. Fantasies happen inside our head and nowhere else, and those thoughts can't hurt anyone. There are no types of things that "shouldn't" arouse you - we really, as you know, have very little control over these kinds of feelings, and that's alright.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic